This page is a handy resource for patients at Family Care who have started taking Prolia. Please use the links below to access patient education materials that are required to be given to our patients before beginning treatment on Prolia. If you have any questions, please call our office and ask to speak with our nurse. Thank you!
Prolia® is a prescription medicine used to:
- Treat osteoporosis (thinning and weakening of bone) in women after menopause (“change of life”) who:
- are at high risk for fracture (broken bone)
- cannot use another osteoporosis medicine or other osteoporosis medicines did not work well
- Increase bone mass in men with osteoporosis who are at high risk for fracture
- Treat bone loss in men who are at high risk for fracture receiving certain treatments for prostate cancer that has not spread to other parts of the body
- Treat bone loss in women who are at high risk for fracture receiving certain treatments for breast cancer that has not spread to other parts of the body